This weekend is the Leitersburg Peach Festival. My family’s farm is one of two peach orchards selling peaches and produce at this community event. It’s a big weekend at the farm with extended family rallying to help out. It has become a tradition over the years for me to “cater” Saturday night dinner at the farm. We gather around the family table (picnic or folding) and commune together on a meal from my heart and the farm fields. It is here that our Fuzzy Navel recipe was perfected…it’s like a glass of peach velvet!
On the menu this weekend:
- Layered Greek Dip with Naan bread
- “Maryland” Peach Sangria
- Blueberry Fields Salad
- Chicken Lyon (my version of Chicken Bryan from Carrabba’s)
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta with fresh Mozzarella
- Corn on the Cobb
- Hard Shell Steamed Crabs (bringing those with me from Poquoson, VA)
- Tres Leches Cake with seasonal fruit
- Kristen’s Peach Popsicles
Really no one should go to bed hungry…tired definitely, but not hungry! I hope to remember to snap a few photos to share!